Did I just have a seizure?

Let me try to explain this the best that I can. I stood up to walk to the kitchen to make lunch. I felt light headed on my way in there but one I arrived to the kitchen its like my vision blurred and I started to lose my balance. I sat down quickly and started to shake a little. I couldnt see or hear anything during this time. But it then passed pretty much as quickly as it started. Now I have a headache and I dont feel well. Is this a seizure?
This sort of thing happened to me when I was 10 after I ran into a fence while sledding. I got a huge bump on my head when I hit that fence but never went unconcious (sp). But this sort of thing only happened for about a year and never came back. Do you think this has anything to do with that head injury? I am so scared and nervous!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Health

• sounds like you got VERY light headed and it overwhelmed your mind and that is why you were shaking and when you were so light headed sometimes it makes you not be able to see. a seizure no. ive seen a seizure first hand you would be on the floor.

i would lay down and relax and calm down take a nap or something.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• did you stand up too quickly? Have you done everything normally today? eating schedule, sleeping schedule etc? Are you taking any new meds?
    Anonymous

• There are so many different types of seizures or convulsions, it could of been. Some people are sitting up, eyes wide open, not making a movement and they are having a seizure...Call the doc and let him know what happened!
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Call your doctor. They can let you know what's going on by having you come in. They have tests that tell if you have had one. BTW KelsoBabeyy, a seizure is not just when you're on the floor shaking to death with your tongue hanging out of your mouth. My grandma for instance has seizures the last 3 months of her life. She was always having seizures, some were very small making it difficult for her to function, others were large knocking her out of commission for a while. There are different types of seizures as well as different severity levels to them.
    sharnos

Answer by sharnos at 4:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes that could have been a seizure. There are all kinds of seizures and not all of them make you fall on the floor and have convulsions. YOu really should call a doctor or go to the ER and tell them so they can do an EEG and see.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 7:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2009