How do I ask her to stop with out being rude or insensitive?

I have a friend who sends me a lot of bulk messages regarding religion, etc. And don't get me wrong, I believe in God but am not necessarily a church going person and I'd like her to stop sending me all these "really religious" messages. But I don't want to seem rude or insensitive. And in no way, am I trying to offend anyone here so PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT THAT WAY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it's her being rude and insensitive to keep sending you religious emails unless she specifically knows that you like that sort of thing. I get irritated by constant forwards in general. With my forward-happy friends, I send a polite email something along the lines that due to storage constraints on my email account, I'd prefer not to be forwarded those kinds of emails, but that I'd love to get direct communications about how she and her family are doing.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• just reply back to the email, asking her to take you off her foward list. short and to the point.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I just checked my mail and they're not forwards. She just send them to me.
    Anonymous

• if you don't want to say anything have her email sent to your spam..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Does she send them to all her friends too or just you? Are they like chain e-mails and stories. You know the ones that get forwarded by tons of people like the story of the guy in the storm, etc. If so just ask her politely to not send you anymore bulk messages.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• How do I have them sent to spam?
    Anonymous

• WEll you could enter her name into your e-mail program to mark messages from her as spam. I think it depends on your e-mail though
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Just reply and let her know your inbox is crazy full.
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 3:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• you could block your emails from her but that would mean all of them would be.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Does she KNOW that you don't like the e-mails? She may think you and she are on the same page which is why she keeps sending them to you. You shouldn't be afraid to tell her politely and kindly that those kind of e-mails just aren't your thing.
    Anonymous