Is this what a pittbull is like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ESJjJAFEE

You have to watch this and let me know. Im scared. T.T

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2011 in Pets

• My friend is a vet and owns one. She insists they are trained to be mean (unlike this video). Thing is, I have got to wonder if they don't have a propensity toward violence and a jaw that clamps down and doesn't let go? I don't know...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2011

• I have been around pitbulls, they are only what you make them. They do need to be trained and kept up on because of their jaws but that shouldn't give the breed a bad name. My family dog growing up was a Wolf dog hybrid she had a jaw that at 14 yrs old could tear a can of dog food open if she wanted to, she was trained and kept up on and we never had a problem with her..it's all about the trainer.

Love the video by the way.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2011

• So cute. Pits aren't as bad as their reputation makes them out to be. The problem is they are way overpopulated now, backyard breeders, dog fighting, people getting them to look big and bad who have no clue how to train and socialize a dog or don't want to because they are idiots.

Shaylyn318

Answer by Shaylyn318 at 7:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2011

• Pits are not born 'bad'. There are people who deliberately train them to be aggressive and mean. There are people who ~ through stupidity, neglect, or ignorance ~ train them to be aggressive and mean. There are people who raise them with love, obedience, and consistently end up with a well mannered, loving, family pet.

The second group of owners will consistently turn out an aggressive and mean dog, regardless of breed.

An intelligent dog requires not only an intelligent owner, but a consistent and loving one. I had a Chow that was a terrible statement to backyard breeding (too large, corkscrew tail, etc.) ... but at 85 pounds was a perfect gentleman, played with ALL children, loved babies, and who my vet consistently asked me to bring in to introduce to new Chow puppy owners as an example of what to aim for.

I won't ever blame a breed ~ I will ALWAYS blame the owner (and would rather put them down).
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 22, 2011

• A dog is only as good as it's human.

Pitts, by nature are highly intelligent. They are also working dogs and actually classified as terriers, meaning that they are natural hunters. Squirrels beware!
    Unfortunately, when you have an intelligent animal, you have to be more intelligent than they are and practice consistent training routines. Most people fail to realize this, thus resulting in an animal who does not know what is expected of them or how to behave properly in any given set of circumstances.
    Responsible pet owners have very well socialized animals who have been continually exposed to new stimuli in order to gauge their reactions, and train them appropriately.

When a dog is chained, it is trained (unintentionally) to become extremely territorial. Looking at the majority of all dog bite incidents, they occur when an animal has been chained for long periods of it's life.

Good owner = Good dog, regardless of breed.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2011

• I work in dog rescue and I hate pit bulls.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 3:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2011

• Not every pitbull is a vicious, child eating monster just like not every kid from the ghetto is a disrespectful, cussing gang banger. It's all in how the individual is raised. It all comes down to what they're taught and whether or not they receive adequate discipline from their parents.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 11:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2011