Does anyone know how to can or freeze fresh gardan vegetables?

Debra2008

Asked by Debra2008 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Google it and you'll find step by step instructions
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I know how to do freezer corn. This time of year is really good for buying books to do all that fun stuff, so you may just have to go and buy a book. Depending on what you are canning you may need a few things, like a pressure cooker, bottles and rings. Have fun. It is hard work, but fun.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I freeze alot of my veggies whole. Green beans...especially. I wash and DRY them and then Freeze them. its really easy! Hope this helps
    Katie2233

Answer by Katie2233 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• If you are going to freeze them, just as Katie2233 said, wash and dry them and you can put most right in the freezer. I do this with most vegetables. Peppers I slice up and freeze first. Tomatoes, I just wash, dry, put in a zip lock bag, and into the freezer. I use them for cooking through winter. I would go the freezer route as long as you have the room Canning is more difficult, unless it's a vegetable that can't be frozen.
    Arlene

Answer by Arlene at 11:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2008

• If you need any recipes gimme a holler. I have been raising an acre of garden for years. I can, freeze dehydrate. I use the same old recipes my g-grandma used.
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 8:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2008