does it annoy you when?

has this ever happened to anyone? when your baby girl is dressed in pink from head to toe with her ears pierced and sometimes even a bow in her hair lol and they still ask how old is he? or is it a boy or a girl?

mom2four25

Asked by mom2four25 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• omg I hope not!
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I had the opposite problem. When we went to go visit my mom in California, he was head to toe in blue....but because his hair is long (cutting it this month YEY) EVERYONE asked "whats her name?"
    I just said "oh her name is Isaac." lol
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 3:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• When my daughter was younger and sometimes now, I will have her in all pink and people come up and ask how old he is. It annoys me but I just don't bother to correct it anymore lol
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 3:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• yeah i was at the registry office when my daughter was about 8-9months old. red/black carseat (i carried her in), pink hat, pink jacket, pink pants, white shoes. The woman at the desk had our papers and it said "mother, father, daughter"... and she really said: "aww so cute. is it a boy or a girl?"

i asked that woman: "are you stupid enough to dress up your son in pink?"

;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• OMG this happens to us. She's in pink with a pink bow in her hair and people (usually older) will be like "is it a boy or a girl?" WTF?! Did you put bows in your sons hair?!
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 3:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. When my daughter was younger people asked alot. I would get upset about it. Obviously due to all the pink its not "such a cute little boy! Whats his name ? " Ugh it drove me crazy ! It hasnt happened in a couple months now tho. Oh - one time we went to Stop & Shop and the guy at the meat counter said "how old is he ?" maybe I misunderstood him I thought so I said 5 months. "He's sweet. What is his name ?" ......."Her name is Isabella" "Her? Thats a girl?" "Yes!" now Im pretty perturbed. "Well it looks like a boy to me!" I walked away without getting my meat.
    Anonymous

• It doesn't just happen with girls, b/c this used to happen all the time with my son. I'd have him dressed all in blue, holding a toy truck, wearing a baseball cap that said "mama's little man" and people would still come up to me and comment on how beautiful my "daughter" was....Hello, what would make you think he is a she?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Happens to me all the time....but I guessed I asked for it; my daughters name is Ryan. Even when she had pink dresses, LONG curly hair with ribbons, and her ears pierced I still got it. Now as an adult she says she truly appreciates the unique name and says it is always a great conversation starter. And if anything she says people always remember her. So maybe it isn't so bad.
    12crazykids

Answer by 12crazykids at 4:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• What mom2aspclboy said happened to me TODAY in Target. My kid looks like a soccer thug. He was wearing trains on his chest and dinosaurs on his feet. The chick KEPT calling him "her" even after I said, "actually, he's a boy." It absolutely pissed me off to an unreasonable extent.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You never know. I had a friend with 6 kids; the youngest was a boy. She thought nothing of taking him out in a pink fuzzy bunting. She wasn't going to buy a new one he would outgrown in 2 months, just because the old one was pink! *shrug*

My youngest boy has long hair. Someone asks "What's her name?" I say "Wyatt". They can think what they want. I only get irritated when someone says "He needs a haircut!" That's when I say "You need to lose weight!" lol
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009