What do you usually do for your kid's birthdays?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 3:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• When they are younger, a party with family and family friends. As they get older and develop their own social circles, I offer the choice between a big party at home, or a special outing with just a few close friends.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• We did a bowling party last year for our older two. For our youngest, because her birthday is then end of October, we held off and did a birthday/Christmas party. It turned out really nice!

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• we went to the zoo for my daughters 1st with family. We have several little kids and lots of adults and they all seemed to like it. For the 2nd i think we're just going to hit the park. When she's gets older and has her own friends we'll have a big fun kids party and then a small family party. Thats how we did it growing up and it seemed to work a lot better that way.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 3:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• We just take them out to eat or I make them whatever it is they want to eat. Then I make them a cake (usually zucchini with homemade cream cheese frosting) and they get to open presents. Along with that they don't have to do chores that day and can pick what we watch on TV.
    We don't usually have parties or people over.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009