Frontline or k9 advantix to fleas??

How can I get rid of fleas in my house? I have a 7 month old baby and want to make sure whatever I use is safe. I have a small chihuahua who seems to be infested with fleas, they are everywhere even on my daughter. I've never had this problem. Anyways I was going to buy frontline from petmeds.com but then saw that they got different treatments they also got k9 advantix not sure what to get.....

iri24

Asked by iri24 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pets

Level 2 (-26 Credits)
  • You might ask your vet about comfortis, it is a new beef flavor tablet that works much fast than frontline and advantix, I am not sure if it is out everywhere yet but we started carrying it here in indiana. It works for 30 days like the rest, is a 100% green product, and kills around 95% of fleas in less than 4 hours. plus no mess on the dogs fur for the baby to touch...look into it really. good Luck
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I've always used Frontline and had success. The fleas will die and go away if they can't gain access to the pets. It's fine once it's dry. Try to keep the dog away from the baby or vice versa until then...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Our dog k9
    papai

Answer by papai at 10:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Either of those things will get rid of the fleas on the dog, but you'll need a spray or a powder to put on your carpets if the fleas are in your house. You should talk to the vet.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2008