Third-row seating in SUV's not mini-vans

We are looking into buying an Acadia for the 3rd row seating or a Saturn Outlook (I think) - used because new are way too expensive. If you drive an Acadia or any other 3rd row car, tell me what you think of it please. We're expecting our 3rd baby this summer & planning ahead.

oahoah

Asked by oahoah at 3:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I just got a Dodge Durango with third row seating and I really like it. When the car is loaded with the whole family- all 6 of us it can be a little squishy but it works- of course I have the disadvantage of trying to put 4 large tall males into the car and squish the little kids in around them...lol! Both rows of seats can fold out of the way as needed.

Pros-
    I can carry people or fold down for space as needed
    Fairly easy in and out- no better or worse than a mini van
    I can drive it kid free and not feel like a "mini- van mom" (it is nice to go out with the ladies and have a "not so mommy feeling" ride
    Buckling a carseat in the third row isn't as bad as in a minivan

Cons-
    Limited storage when all rows are up
    One middle seat needs to stay carseat free for folding down
    Limited leg room in third row- great for kids not so much for adults
    Ok that is all I can think of. Good luck in your decisio
    lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I have a 2003 Mountaineer....I also have 3 children...
    To put 3 children in the first back seat is a pain the ass...
    We use the 3rd row seat all the time...It is easier..we have more room...and the kids have
    their space.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I have a Ford Freestyle the new ones are called the Taurus X. I love it. The back row is roomy and the middle row fits three carseats easily. I get 25 mpg in town and on the highway around 30.
    Anonymous

• I have a Ford Freestyle, it's a 2005 with bucket seats for the 2ND row(easier for kids to get to the back seat) I love my car...just took a trip not that long ago and got about 35mpg hwy, I get about 24-28 city. They are not very expensive(I bought mine used) for under $14,000...the newer model is the same on the inside, sportier looking on the outside but not as good on gas(bigger engine).
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 4:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I have a Mercedes ML 500 with 3rd row. It would be kind of tight to use the 3rd row. I only have 2 kids so I never used it. I love my car because it's not to bulky or big.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Olivia we have the Outlook and i love love love it. the 3rd row is pretty spacious and it will be great for the OLDER years. WE can Easily and fairly comfortably fit 8 people in there with 1 car seat in the middle row. We did it all christmas break. if you need anymore info call me. Also we did the lease on it and our payments are only $235/ month. I love the lease program we have.
    cannonsmama

Answer by cannonsmama at 7:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009