Welfare fraud?!?

I know someone who, I think, is comitting welfare fraud. As a hard working tax payer that pisses me off. I don't need to be paying her bills! Anyway...I was just wondering if anyone knows what exactly constitutes welfare fraud? What are the laws on welfare, food stamps, kids connection...ect.?
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• well what is she doing? it varies state by state by # of children to what kind of assistance she is receiving.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• She is getting everything the state has to offer! We are in Nebraska by the way. She is getting paid under the table to do farm work. She has a jobless boyfriend living with her. To put it nicely she is a rotten apple...you name it, she is doing it wrong!
    Anonymous

• More info is needed to answer, and you say you THINK.
    Anonymous

• Then yes that is fraud. Call the local welfare office.
    Anonymous

• wait how is it fraud just because she is on a lot of assistance?? do you KNOW for a fact that she is not reporting her income? even if that person is living with her and is jobless that has nothing to do with if she qualifies.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes...I know for a fact that she does not report the income!
    Anonymous

• Honey, she is not the only one commiting this crime. Here int he town i live in i could name you probably a dozen, perfectly capable lazy people who just dont' want to get a job, and keep living on food stamps, mediciad, wic, and have there housing paid for. And me and my husband work full time jobs, and i got bashed the other day for applying for medicaid to cover only my pregnancy because we do not have medical insurance. Yet i pay for it wverymonth for all the lazies and i was told i shouldn't be having another baby. Life is a bitch. People like us that work full time get screwed and bashed when we need the help, the help that we pay for.
    Anonymous

• I said THINK because I am not sure of the laws. I work across the street from the welfare office, I will go ask them.
    Anonymous

• are you with her and looking at her application when she fills it out? and SEEING she doesnt put her income?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It's fraud because she is working under the table. Under the table means you don't get a paycheck, it's  cash and tax free. Oh and I bet she has stated that it's just her and the kids in the household and not her SO who could probably work as well.

Anonymous