Pageant moms and Pageant Girls!

What is your opinion on pageant moms and kids? You know those moms who spend 1,000 of dollar’s dresses for these pageants. You know those moms who like get mad at there kid if they dot win. Do you know the kind of moms I’m talking about? And what is you opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think we as mothers all think that our child is prefect and that she is the prettiest little girl in the world and beyond, but I think that we have a responsibility as mothers to teach our children that they are beautiful the way they are. That every one is beautiful in there own way. and if we teach our children any different then we have failed as mothers.
    Anonymous

• I think it's sick. They look like little hookers. They use false teeth, false hair and pile on the makeup. How about just doing a natural one?
    Anonymous

• if i had the money i would do it for my daughter she loves watching the pagents and dressing up but i dont agree with being obessed with it and pushing your daughter to win for yourself
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i dont know any personally but i think its ridculas we want her children now days to be perfect i think it sets them up to be very insercure later in life becuz they are always gonna wana be perfect and well as we all know there is no such thing. You cant win everything and you cant be perfect.
    Anonymous

• Not something I would ever do..
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 3:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I would never. But thats me. I think it starts putting beauty, make up, hair, what you wear as too important of an issue in a world where were are already force fed too skinny, too unhealthy, love me for my body and not my brains world. In our home we teach self acceptance, self love, internal beauty ahead of cheek bones, hip measurements, hair color, make up and thousand dollar gowns.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i would enter my daughter if it was natural like kids should be you know just cute dresses at reasonable prices no makeup no fake hair and no fake teeth that's just scary lol but there not like that so i wouldn't or she would probably have fun
    mom2four25

Answer by mom2four25 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I HATE parents like that !!!!!!!!!!!! It's is GROSS and just WRONG who wants to see a 3 year old with a ton of makeup on ??????? If they like to dress up let them dress up at home !!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Yanno, I find it more important to teach our kids that being good looking isn't enough. Sure, being gorgeous is great, and if that makes you feel good then hey. Rock on with your bad self. At the same time, it will only open so many doors and there are cases where it closes doors, regardless of what it says about the person closing that door. That being the case you need a more rounded skill set to crack open the world.

I've got no problem with my kids being competitive or participating in appearance related activities. So long as it's not the only thing they bring to the table. I find pageant moms no more irritating than pop warner moms - who are irritating, but not to any serious degree. They don't compromise my family's personal balance. Teens in modeling I actually find far more disturbing since they are actively suggestive of sex rather than passively.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I have been invited to put my DD1 into many Pageants...people sweaing she would win (at age 2 her hair is past her butt), and I outright refuse. I have told my MIL if she ever gets the bright idea to do it she will lost the weekend sleepovers I allow her to have. I find them very selfish, and for nothing but the mom to show off. It is no wonder kids have the self esteem issues they do these days!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009