Baby Noises

Does anyone else's new born make grunting noises as if they are frustrated? There's no "cooing" in my house, just lots of grunts.

Sofiesmom08

Asked by Sofiesmom08 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cooing comes 6-12 weeks , grunting and groaning and accidental coos are the norm before that :)
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yessss oh dear lord. I have trouble sleeping at night because of all the noises my daughter makes. It's getting better as time goes on, but I wake up and check on her with every single little grunt >:(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• LOL, sounds like my house did! I think the grunt mechanism (lol) is one of the first to develop, so it's going to be the only sound you hear for awhile. As long as it doesn't seem like she's struggling to poop when she's grunting, don't worry about it!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Oh my gosh. My daughter has never cooed. She grunts. Shes 8 months old. Its how she communicates, tired, hungy, happy, mad, she grunts. :) I love it. Its so cute. When she was first born she only did it in her sleep, now she does it all the time!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2009