What would be the first thing you would get rid of

to save money? like cable gym membership or whatever..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• Eating out
    Gym memberships (you can always walk or exercise at home)
    Cable channels in excess of basic cable .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• The "experts" say to get rid of the absolutely unneeded things such as: cell phones (if you have a home phone), internet, cable/dish, and gym or other memberships.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 3:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• cable
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• cable dont need it now that you can get more channels withthe digital plus there is never anything on cable anyways
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• shopping for clothes...even though it would be painful.
    Anonymous

• I would get rid of all wants. Cable, phone, cellphone, internet and etc. I would continue to not eat junk food and only buy ingredients and cook from scratch. I would continue to be frugal and only buy things we really needed and save for wants.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing I would get rid of to save money. We already own our home, cars, and other things. We have only basic cable ($7.00/month) I use cloth diapers and breastfeed. We have only basic cell phone plan. We save most of out money as we think we are going towards another depression. I guess I would get a job outside of my WAHM job.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• After thinking about the post this morning.. I am getting rid of satellite TV. I am going to buy one of those converter box things and just get my local channels. That's it. I will keep internet, because I do business on here..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If I needed to get rid of something and i really needed the money..... I would get rid of satellite dishes (we have cable as well) and change are cable from 900 channels to basic and probably cell the car that we have in the garage .... but thats if i had to for us or to help a family member that needed it
    Anonymous

• We did away with eating out and buying new clothes. It made a drastic difference in our budget. My husband is military and re-enlisting and getting a hefty bonus for doing so. We have agreed to put part in savings and the other part goes towards our car payment to reduce our monthly bills. We know what our means are and we live within them. We did price comparisons to make sure we are getting the best deal for our cell phones, satellite, and internet and didn't sign up for them until we knew that they fit into our monthly budget. Money is tight, but we were lucky enough to plan ahead so that we don't have to figure out how to fix our budget when it is too late.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009