What is a good way to donate or help military families?

I want to help the mom's and children of those deployed. Either with my time or money, what is a respectable program that I can get involved with?

sarebare7

Asked by sarebare7 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2011 in Military

• Call the base and find out. They usually have a list of programs on base and can give you that information and they will only give you the names of those who are legit.

Answer by gemgem at 1:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2011

• If you live close to a military base, talk to the chaplin of the base and find out what programs they have in place for families and how to get involved. If you don't live close to a base, then I would suggest getting online and checking out the following website DOD's Military OneSource http://www.militaryonesource.mil/MOS/f?p=MOS:HOME:0::::

They have been upgrading their site and if you have problems with the certification, then use this site and following the instructions http://www.militaryhomefront.dod.mil/12038/Project%20Documents/OC/Certificate%20Install.MOS.pdf

I hope this helps.
    lady_author

Answer by lady_author at 1:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2011

• Contact the USO. they help a lot to all the military, at home and abroad.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 5:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2011

• Yeah, USO is the way to go or you can contact your local military base's MWR (morale, welfare and recreation) and they can help you.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 5, 2011

• USO for sure
    NaiveDream

Answer by NaiveDream at 6:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2012