i had a hard time last time

last time i breastfeed my son which was about 6 years ago now i had a really hard time, my milk never really came in he wanted to eat every hour and i would let him but it just didnt seem to stimulate my milk i had a lactaion specialist come in and he was latching on right but for whatever reason my milk supply was never enough i used what i had for him then i got mastitis and had to have it surgically drained it got so bad. Im thinking i dont even wana try this time does that make me a bad mother? or is there a good chance this time will be different?
Dont bash me im just trying to decide whats best for me and my family. If you have nothing nice to say dont respond thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have bottlefed two babies, and breastfed two babies. I have 4 children. Breastfeeding is hard work, all consuming and a big committment! It is PERFECTLY ok if you are reluctant to try again. There is nothing wrong with bottlefeeding your baby, and it doesn't change your ability to mother the baby. With that being said, if I were to have baby #5, I'd breastfeed again. If you do decide to breastfeed again, then ASK For help. These people that have all of these opinions are rude. Please be careful if your previous experience is of having difficulty in milk production, because it can affect the baby's growth. Just make sure the baby gets to the dr to track his/her weight gain. Good luck.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 4:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• to answer YOUR question do you think im a bad mother for not breastfeeding. no i dont think you are a bad mother BUT i think you should try. just because you dont want to put the effort out... you wont do it? i think you should try but of course you are the parent.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Just as every pregnancy is different, every baby is different...and so is every experience with motherhood. You may end up being very successful this time, especially since you know what gave you trouble the last time and can try to work through it sooner. You have nothing to lose by trying! Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• There is no reason to believe that you would be a bad mother, a lot of people dont breast feed just because and you actually have a really good reason. If that were me in your shoes i wouldnt even try it again, my son just never latched on right so i had to pump for him and that makes me not even want to try it again this time lol, but did you try talking to the doctor to see what your chances are of getting mastitis again? or you could try taking in a lot of brewers yeast, that's what my cousin used to increase her low milk supply. that's only if you choose to try again though. best of luck to you and congrats!
    mamad86

Answer by mamad86 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i did ask my dr and he said once you have had mastitis then its very very likely you will get it again. I know some people who had it with there first children and then again with there second children so yes it is true once you have gotten it chances are high it will happen again.
    Anonymous