I feel full HOURS after eating, and I'm not big yet!

This is an ongoing problem this pregnancy, it's been about a month now, of feeling this. I am 3 months, and this is my second child. EVERY time I eat, I feel full for 2 -5 hours afterward!
I haven't even really started showing, I just look bloated all of the time, so that's why I'm concerned. I mean I could understand if my uterus was really big and taking up a lot of room and pushing on my stomach..
But like I said, I'm only 3 months, and last time this didn't happen until 7 months!
Did anyone else have this problem?
I just keep thinking "what IF my uterus is that big already? What if I have twins?"
(I haven't had an ultrasound yet)

Destiny13

Asked by Destiny13 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Keep in mind that women are almost NEVER as big as they think they are, especially pregnant ones! You're going to start showing sooner with your second pregnancy as well, so don't concern yourself with that. You may also be retaining water. Tell your doctor about your concerns, but I wouldn't worry too much. As for feeling full hours later, I had that my whole pregnancy: I didn't get the pregnant woman appetite until AFTER he was born, lol.

What IF your uterus is that big and your further along? What changes? You have less time to get ready...but what if your baby was born at 7 months? Same sorta situation. What IF you have twins? You'll have two times the babies to love!

Relax, Mama, you're going to be just fine. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was like that for the first 3 and half months. I had no appetite at all. I litteraly had to set an alarm to remind me to eat cause I was never hungry! LOL!
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• thanks KatieCrandall, for the info.
    but I am not flipping out by any means, I guess I just worded it funny.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It's just another one of those things you can chalk up to hormones. I'm at 29 weeks and I still have this. About once every two weeks I'll have one day when I actually get hungry and don't have to remind myself to eat something. My midwife told me to expect to get my appetite back at around 20 weeks but here it is 9 weeks later and nada. Every pregnancy is different.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 4:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2009