Potty Training?

I have no idea when to start potty training or how to go about it... Please help.

My son just turned a year old yesterday. He also (since he was about two months old) will not go potty at night... he waits till the morning to do so. So he has basically trained himself not to go durring the night from the very beggining.

xxAngelicWingsx

Asked by xxAngelicWingsx at 4:02 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would start putting him on the potty now. Don't expect anything, but help him get comfortable with the toilet. They when he is ready he will know exactly what to do. No guess work. As soon as you see a pattern of him using it regularly ditch the diapers. Worked great with all three of mine, potty trained by 18 months.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 4:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You can try. But be aware that being dry at night has nothing to do with being able to use the potty in the day. The best thing to do at this young age is to put him on a schedule and take him often. Don't expect him to tell you he needs to go for at least another year - more like a year and a half. So plan on sticking to this schedule for a LONG time.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Mine did tell me that they needed to go at 18 months, and they too did not go at night, so I would leave them in panties/underwear at night, and we never had any bed wetting.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 5:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009