Anyone do the New England Crafters stuff for extra income?

Just curious how it has worked for others.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• Never heard of it? I do party lite for extra money.

Answer by gemgem at 4:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2011

• I haven't heard of it either, but I would love to show you what I do as a home based business. I work with a green company, and I don't sell anything. There is virtually no investment, no overhead, and the compensation plan is the best I have ever seen.
    kpav

Answer by kpav at 4:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2011

• If I was crafty and could think of anything to create I would join them. My sil makes candles and does real well at those kinds of craft shows.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2011

• I love making crafts but would never try to make money with it...too much work! I'd rather do what I do, and keep the crafts for fun!
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 7:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2011

• I looked into it, but from what I have heard/found is that your work has to be perfect. They can deny any and all finished products that you do and you don't get paid until it is acceptable work. You could wind up spending 40 hours and only making a few dollars off of it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2011

• never heard of it, so I've bumped
    RobynL

Answer by RobynL at 8:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2011

• I looked into this a while ago. Most people said to stay away from it. You have to have each item pass inspection and only then will you make a small amount of money. You could make about 100 of the items and only have 1 or 2 pass inspection. I would just try doing your own craft and selling them. I'm sure you would have much more luck that way. Good luck :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2011