34 weeks ER BIG question???

So i went to the ER monday and had to stay over night so they can give me some medicine through the ivy because i had a UTI and while i was there i had 4 different nurses because i stayed there all night that monday and all day tuesday till 10 at night. And everytime a new nurse would come in she would ask me all these questions and one of them was " have you had any ( Im not sure was this next word was that she was asking) vaul or baul movment?" What were they asking me?????? I think it ment has the baby moved so i said yes. I know, i know i should have asked them what that meant but i dont want to feel stupid.

HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A bowel movement, pooped!
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 4:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Oh honey...bowel movement, they wanted to know if you'd pooped! Never by shy about asking stuff like that, it's really important for both of you!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• its ok to ask question when you dont understand something especially when your in a hospital but like the pp said the just asked if you pooped
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• "A bowel movement" is what they were asking. The meant "Have you pooped?" You should always ask them to clarify any questions you don't understand, especially in an ER situation.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 4:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• LOL It's okay! But yes, like the first poster said they meant, "Have you taken a poop today?". You're not the only one to not understand what a nurse has asked them. :-)
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 4:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• when she asked you about Bowel movement, or BM, she was asking you if you had pooped, done #2, is the most polite way she could have. I am amazed that nurses are not more specific. Not everyone knows all of their termonology.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 4:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• hahahaha that's so funny thank you for making me giggle but yeah for one a lot of times nurses talk so fast that you cant understand them or use crazy words that make you feel stupid but hopefully when you said yes about thinking it was something else, you werent lying and had pooped that day also lol best of luck sweetie!
    mamad86

Answer by mamad86 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• HAhaha i did actualy but not all those times they asked any i said yes lol. THANKS ALOT EVERYONE!
    Anonymous