When do you first hear the babys heartbeat?

I am about 5 weeks pregnant and have a doctors appointment on January 27th which makes me about 8 weeks pregnant then...wondering if i will be able to hear the heartbeat...this is my second baby...my other one will be two in January...I just dont remember when we were able to hear it!

jlcazzola

Asked by jlcazzola at 4:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You may, but sometimes not this soon. It's one of those "get lucky and find it" sorta things. :) Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• We did, but we had high risk pregnancy, so we were having the heartbeat checked and ultrasounds all the time, sorry I am not much help!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• they wont usually start checking until 10 weeks because those dopplers are not really strong so you might have to wait till the next visit I had a visit at 8 weeks and they made me come in for my first "official" visit at almost 11 weeks
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my first visit was at 10 weeks and they did find the heartbeat at that one. :) congratulations!
    tiffani_qt2001

Answer by tiffani_qt2001 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2009