Does your toddler like salsa?

Mine loves it! Not chips though, she just eats the salsa off of a chip! If it were up to her, that's all she'd have all day long LOL

Does your child like food you didn't think they would? I'm pleasantly surprised!

weezer_cookie

Asked by weezer_cookie at 4:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yea my son likes salsa also. he just sucks it off the chip until we finally make him eat the chip. LOL. he also like queso and fire hot cheetos and funyons(sorry cant spell them).
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My daughter loves salsa and chips, Grippos, nearly anything with a little/medium heat. It surprises me I love it but my other kids hardly ever touch it.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My son likes salsa too! I was surprised as well, but so far we haven't found anything he does not eat!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My daughter loves pepper. If I put pepper on it, she is more likely to try it. But then she is very picky... it took FIVE tries before she would touch chocolate pudding. And then I made the mistake of asking her if she liked it. After a couple of happy, big bites, she handed me the cup and said "I don't like this" in response to my question. Sigh. Maybe I should have put pepper on it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• oh yes both of my daughters do but it wasn't me that let my 9 month old have some my husband thought it was ok I think it upset her tummy later but she like the taste my two year old eats curry and Thai food we don't dumb down their food we just make it a little tamer

lalasha

Answer by lalasha at 4:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My daughter likes some salsas , and some she doesn't. We definately try to expose her to a good variety of foods and she likes most of them. She really loves hummus and if I put it on a cracker or sandwich she just picks off the hummus. lol. on a side note: If your trying to get your kid to eat something I recommend trying ways to change how it's prepared or consistency. This works well with my girl. She loves all different types of food!
    MommeeSteph

Answer by MommeeSteph at 5:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My son loved Flaming Hot Cheetos over the Summer and he loves chips and salsa. I barely like pepper and anything hot but my son is learning to love it all. He loves the Hot and Fire sauce on his Taco Bell too.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 1:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2009