Is there a way to produce more breast mik?

My daughter is two months old and I dont produce as much milk as I used to when she was first born, is there a way to make my breast produce more milk?

Yvette1386

Asked by Yvette1386 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put a warm wet wash rag on your brest and pump.
    jwandtreysmom

Answer by jwandtreysmom at 8:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• The more you pump or feed her, the more your body will produce. Fenugreek is supposed to help boost milk supply. The tea is good & has a maple flavor.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 9:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• well there is this old tale about drinking a beer and I found out that it does work....
    Anonymous

• You should drink more milk yourself and pump as much as you can.
    bellalatina81

Answer by bellalatina81 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Drink water, juices...be careful w/ the citric fruits, not to cause acid reflux. When u r breastfeeding pay attention to what u r doing. When I was pumping I notice that when I was watching tv or on computer my milk would be almost gone, but as soon as I thought of my baby the milk would pour it.
    papai

Answer by papai at 10:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Talk to your Dr about taking Fenugreek. That is what my Dr had me do. It is a natural herb, and you can get it at a health food store. When I took it, within a couple of days I went from one or 2 onces each time I pumped to 6 or 7. It makes your breast milk smell like maple syrup, which is kind of weird. I did a LOT of research on it, and it is safe for babies... It is worth a try.
    mhemrich

Answer by mhemrich at 4:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• talk to you doctor. my doctor had me on a stomach med. that helped me produce more milk.
    shysunshine

Answer by shysunshine at 3:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Watch out for drinking cow's milk, your baby might be alergic to it.
    papai

Answer by papai at 11:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2008