can this happen

im 33 weks pregnant and i have a three year old daughter that plays pretty rough with my stomach. she jumps on top of me and elbows me and just hurts my stomach all the time even though i tell her to be gentle. can she bust my water by doing that like a big ballon it sounds funny but is it possible

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's HIGHLY unlikely...but if she's hurting you she needs to stop, anyway! :D
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You need to teach her to be more gentle, and soon! Don't tell her to be careful of the baby, because she doesn't understand all of that. Tell her that she is hurting Mommy! Now is a good time to teach her to be gentle and calm around small living things, because really soon there will be a live baby in your home!

Your water is pretty protected, so it is unlikely that she will break it. However, it is more likely that she will bruise you, and cause you discomfort.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 4:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I would be more worried about the placenta tearing...I wouldn't think it is a good thing to let your child jump on your tummy when you're prego. I know women who have done that to force miscarriage. =\
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009