Was it just braxton hicks or contractions?

Once in a while i gets these ugly cramps (about twice a month) and i end up having to poop and they go away a little after well yall had told me it was braxton hicks. Just the other night i layed down to go to bed and i got these cramps that felt worse then the cramps i would get when i would be on my period it felt like really bad pain in my tummy and it would feel like the pain would go all around my tummy and then my stomach would tighten really hard. Was this a different braxton hicks or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh yeah Im 33 weeks and 5 days
    Anonymous

• It sounds like the first ones were just poop cramps and these are braxton hicks.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 4:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I would say Braxton-Hicks again. Things are going to feel different as you grow (and once you shrink again, too!) since everything is so moved around in there. My guess was that the first ones were just constipation, but they may have been a milder form of the ones you had the other night.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• So will i start getting these more often or just once in a while since im only 6 weeks away from my due date?
    Anonymous

• No way to know...you might not have any more, or they may come daily. Sorry, it's a wait-and-see kinda thing!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Thanks!
    Anonymous

• Broxton Hicks are also contractions. They are also getting your body ready for delivery, just ot right now. It is just a non scheduled contraction that doesn't follow a pattern. Saying "just Braxton Hicks" doesn't give it much credit. They, too, can be very painful! Be patient with yourself and anything that causes you pain or discomfort. Carrying a baby is hard work!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 4:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009