What should I do about my daycare?

It is really hard to find a job in my town, but I was able to get one at a daycare that I love. The great thing is that my girls go there too. But, the daycare is ran by two sisters, and lately they have been arguing in front of the children. I am stuck! I really don't want my kids to go there with people arguing in front of them, but I know that if I take them out then she is going to cut my hours too. Being a single mother, I really can't afford not to have this job. Any suggestions on how I should approach the situation?

torilee_03

Asked by torilee_03 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hi! I am a daycare provider (15+ yrs) and I have learned over the years that the best parent/client/employee relationships I have are the ones with the most open communication lines. I had a "mom" whose child came to my childcare and she later became an employee of mine while her next child attended my care. I was always sure to let her know that if she has any questions, comments, concerns, opinions, or whatever to always let me know. I can not fix an issue if I am unaware that there is an issue. As an employer I should hope the sisters would appreciate the concern, the honesty and the courage to mention it. If they do not then I don't think I would want my children in a childcare where their role models can not put the needs and welfare of the children ahead of their own. No money in the world is worth selling your children short of your belief and choices in how to raise them.
    12crazykids

Answer by 12crazykids at 4:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• do they have an hr company?
    lalasha

Answer by lalasha at 4:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Maybe you could talk to them, claim another parent said something to you about it and so you want them to be aware of it? Really, for all you know, one or more of the kids has gone home and told their parents about it anyway, so it might not be a lie. Then, it wouldn't be coming from you, but maybe they would stop.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009