Personal rewards?

When I'm trying to do things around the house and I have no motivation I will tell myself finish emptying/loading the dishwasher and I get to ..... go on computer for a while, eat a chocolate, devour a pot of coffee. What sort of rewards do you give yourself?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• After everything is said and done...I have a bowl of ice cream or some chocolate or whatever I am craving but I try not to reward myself foo much because it can become a habit and then I will have to work it off.laughingBut the real reward is RELAXATION....AHH!quiet

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• lying down for a nap or eating something that i crave for
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I do the same thing just for getting out of bed each morning. It helps me get up.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 4:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• get on the computer. sit and actually think. LOL
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Heck I do those things for myself whether I deserve them or not! A reward would be buying myself something or a massage, something that costs money.
    greeneyezopened

Answer by greeneyezopened at 4:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• oh gosh, nothing that simple, if I'm gonna reward myself for something that needs to be done and I don't feel like doing it, I am gonna lock myself away in the bathroom with a good book and a hot bubble bath!!
    Dianne1259

Answer by Dianne1259 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• lol...I'm almost the opposite...I will squeeze housework into a TV commercial...lol. Get up and do a load of dishes and you can sit back down for your show. Start dinner the next commercial...lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I miss coffee:( Decaf just isnt the same. Hmmm I dont relax it seems ever. It is hard to feel rewarded when you clean and clean and clean and no one appreciates it and messes it up before you even have the chance to enjoy it looking nice. From the time the kids go to sleep until I fall asleep my husband and I cuddle which is quite relaxing.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 5:07 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I have 30 minutes each night to do cleaning. I don't have to reward my self to get me to clean if I do it in small amounts like that. I never want to clean but it works out well. And most nights, it takes me 10 minutes to get the cleaning done, because it was done the night before. I do treat myself to a bubble bath if the house is looking good though.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My motivation is my hubby. He is happier when the house is clean. =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009