not drinking enough

so im 33 weeks and all iv really done today is sleep
it is 2:25 here and im just now moving around alittle
my isster told me its cuz i need to drink more water
if that was the case would the doc not have told me that all ready???
i drink as much water as i normaly do but this is the first time i have slept so long
so i guess my question is am i sleeping so much cuz im not drinking enough
or wut???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need to drink more water when you're pregnant.

Your tiredness MAY be caused by dehydration, but it may also be that your iron is low (it's SUPER common for pregnant women!). Mention to your doctor that all you do is sleep and that you have no energy...they may do a hemoglobin test, or he may want to make sure you're hydrating yourself enough. Speak up, though, because it'd be silly to end up with a complication over something so easy to fix. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Sorry, your posting is a little confusing. There are a lot of side effects from dehydration. You really should try to get water into your body. My first pregnancy, during beginning labor I was dehydrated. It delayed my ability to have pain meds, and it slowed down labor. Whether it makes you tired or not, I can say. I'm not sure I understood what symptoms you were complaining about except that you are sleeping alot? Be glad that you are getting sleep now! I suggest a glass of water by the bed, and keep the rest up!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 4:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Im also 33 weeks and my doctor said around this time i would feel really tired like not wanting to get out of bed tired lol i go to sleep around 12 or 1 am and wont get up till around 2pm :( but yeah the doc told me i should drink ALOT of water!
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• oh yeah and because i can possibly feel dehydrated.
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009