Doesn't anyone else have NO interest in pets

I don't want pets. no dog no cats no hamsters none of it. They are about 2/3s the work of kids but about 1% of the return. They don't grow up have families, oneday take care of you, they don't laugh, smile well some do but it isn't the same. I'm just not in to it. I think fish would be ok but that is it. I like children I don't beleive in treating animals like they are human, which is not to say I think it is ok to treat them badly because I don't that is just not ok. I just don't want o share my house with them I feel the way I think alot of people who don't want children do they are ok if they don't live with me. Dose anyone else feel that way or and I a heartless person.

lalasha

Asked by lalasha at 4:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pets

• NO YOUR NOT A heartless person. just because your not an animal lover I'm with you on everything you said!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I am not really a big fan of animals. Maybe if I could get one that was already house trained. But I already have to potty train my son and train my hubby. LOL JK. And I like fish but I just kill them. We got a picture frame that is fish. They look like they swim in it. Pretty cool and my son loves it. And he cant be mean to it like he is to the animals.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Eh, don't worry about it. Some people just aren't "pet people" I have a dog and a cat (and fish) I adore them but luckily my cat is housetrained. I cannot stand litterboxes at all!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 4:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I kinda agree..I love cats, but as far as living in my house..no! I can't stand to see those little ankle biting dogs that women carry around like children and pick their crap up in a baggy. lol..BUT some ppl say that they are like their"children" whateva!
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Well, one of our cats had been left in a cardboard box with his sisters and brothers in a construction site. Ours was the only one still alive. Our other cat my son found when some kids were throwing stones at her- she was so tiny that my son had to dropper feed her every few hours. He was trying to get her old enough for the human society to take, but then he brought her here and she hopped up onto my lap and fell asleep so my son and I looked at each other and decided she was home. So it's not that we are trying to have pets but that we can't stand to see them helpless.

Answer by Bmat at 4:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• No, I am a big animal lover, and i have a child and another one on the way.
    Anonymous

• I love animals but I can understand someone that doesn't feel the same way. Everyone is entitled to their own ideas on whether to have a pet or not. I prefer to have the love and compaionship of a 4-footed furry, but it's not a requirement--unless you want to live with me!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• is it bad i love my cat more than anyone else in my family (im not really serious but hes my little furbaby)? hence why hes my profile picture, omg i just love him so much i cant stand it!!! but i hate dogs, im not a dog person at all!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i dont think you're cold hearted but i am one of those who treats my dog as if she were one of my children. she does just as much for me and i do her. she protects me. you're just not into animals.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You are definitely entitled to your opinion. I have my babies and love all three of them!! My dog could be a "purse puppy" but she bites anyone momma & dad don't tell her are friends!! Gremmie, my cat was adopted outside of Albertson's. I f I didn't take her she would have gone to the pound and my twin, Nellie, my bearded dragon(she's as bitchy as I am) was supposed to be my son's but mom fell in love.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:10 AM on Jan. 9, 2009