I am late!!

Just need some advice so I do not waste any money-
My period is 2 days late. I took a test yesterday and it was negative. I have a normal cycle so this is strange.. Should I retest or is my period off??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would wait another week or so and then take another test.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Go to the Dollar store or Dollar General. Their tests detect an HCG level of 25, which is pretty reliable! They, of course, only cost $1, so it isn't much of an investment. There are many reasons why your period can be late, and it doesn't necessarily mean you are pregnant.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 4:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Having a period late, doesn't always mean your pregnant. It could be stress or a hormone imbalance. I would wait a couple weeks and see, if not by then, then I would get a test.
    Anonymous

• You may be pg & may not be. A late period could be for many various reasons. Some pregnancies implant later and therefore the hcg doesn't rise high enough to detect with a simple urine test. You can do a few things - wait a couple days and test again, buy a very sensitive test and test again with fmu (first Morning Urine), or go to the ob/gyn and request a quantative beta hcg (blood pregnancy test). If you want to be 100% certain right now, you should do the beta HCG test - but waiting a couple days should give you the answer when testing again. I have been pg & not got a positive on a pregnancy test until I was 10 days late before.

I hope the outcome is exactly what you are wishing for.
    TanyaKT

Answer by TanyaKT at 6:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• not to get you down, but i am 9 days late and still haven't gotten a +

i started going to the dollar store after my third test! good luck (i haven't tested in two days! its killing me)
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 8:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009