What would cause a bloody nose in a 2 month old?

My son is two months old. Lately whenever we can't get to him right away (we're in the shower, cooking, carrying in groceries, etc) he gets himself so worked up there is dried blood around his right nostril by the time we get to him. I can be stirring a pot and he start to whimper and by the time I get to his room he's full out bawling and there's dried blood there. He doesn't seem bothered by it at all and his nose doesn't seem sore. It's only dried around the nostril, not running down his face or anything. He can work himself up really well in a matter of seconds; we don't believe in CIO or anything and we go to him as quickly as we can when he starts to fuss. He goes to the doctor in the morning; just wondering.

rosewolfkin

Asked by rosewolfkin at 8:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• two things come to mind

1) just a dry air way... OR
    2) He's scratch himself
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My first thought was dry nasal passages. Ayr gel works well if that's the case. It's safe. Check w/ your ped in the am.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 9:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• it could be his shots, dry air, picked it and scratched it lol...i used to get bloody noses allll the time when i was little.. but we also live in arizona where its hell on earth!!!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2008