Still not walking

My daughter is almost 15 months old and she still doesn't walk. She will stand up and move around things, but she has yet to let go. I dunno if this is normal because my two year old was walking at 10 months...

torilee_03

Asked by torilee_03 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Your daughter is well within the normal range up to 18 months. I have known several toddlers who did not walk until 18-20 months. They did other things earlier, and by preschool, you can't tell the difference. At 18 months, your pediatrician might suggest an evaluation for physical therapy. They thought my neighbor's daughter has sensory problems that delayed her walking. She didn't, but it gave her mom peace of mind. She started walking about a week after they went through it all, lol.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 5:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my son walked at 19 months, and my first daughter at 15 months. Daughter 2 is 12 months and just learning to stand.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My DD is 14 months today and isn't walking. She has taken a couple steps here and there but not more than 3 in a row.

Give your DD toys to push around, or other objects (DD loves to push around the laundry basket lol). Also make sure you're getting her to get up off the ground--put toys and sippy cups up on end tables for her to try to get. And start walking her with you :~) Grab her hands and walk around the house. Encourage her, and hopefully she will start walking soon for you!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my daughter stared walking jan 5th and is only 13 months old but she would pull up and do what yours is doing she did that for a while before she actually started walking
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Perfectly normal, my son started walking at 8.5 months. My two nephews that are 2 and 4.5 months younger than him started walking at 14 months and 17.5 months, respectively. Each child develops differently and the fact that she is cruising is a good sign. It takes them a while to master walking and realize that it is faster than crawling so don't fret yet.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 12:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2009