xbox & husband

xbox broke so we sent it in. they gave us a new one & then when we got back from the holidays we got a ups notice saying that we got another xbox. so we thought oh they must of given us back our broken one. which makes sense. thing is it works. my kids & husband right off the bat are like we can sell the extra one. i was no that's lying & cheating. i don't like the thought of doing this or being a part of that. cont....

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I am going with you on this one. Call them up. They may say "oops, our mistake, just keep it." Lying gets you nowhere in life. It will come back and bite you in the @$$ if you do not do the right thing.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• everyone says keep it. my hubby says that this happened to a friend of his & that xbox notified them of mistake & had to give it back. so do i wait for that to happen or just call them myself. i want to be honest but i don't want my husband upset with me at the same time. what should i do? go with my husband and have it be his sin or over step him & call them of their mistake. or is it not a mistake? it has to be why would xbox send us two? i want to set the example for my kids but also want to stand by my husband 4 he is the leader of our household
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• keep it
    Its sweet that you want to be honest but do you know how much money they make of those damn things . it was THEIR mistake and its really dont going to hurt them at all and if your husband really wants to keep it , sell it or whatever i would spare the fight
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 4:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• see i'm so confused. i really think they would say sorry our mistake keep it but if they don't then my hubby will be pissed that i don't let him be the head of household even though i want him to be.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I say, your hubby will probably get over it :P Or, tell him that when/if they do call asking for their xbox back, he has to take care of it and tell them he sold it.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I guess you really just have to ask yourself which is more important; the lesson you want to teach your children or the wrath of your husband. To be honest, it sounds like you are afraid of your husband. If you let it go you will be fighting your conscience on this for a while. He may be the leader of your house but it doesn't change the fact that what he's doing is dishonest and setting a bad example for your kids. If it were me, I would call and send it back regardless of my husband's reaction. It's the right thing to do. Then again, I have no fear of my husband. I've told him before that I was sent to be his conscience.
    Anonymous

• This is a great opportunity to provide a valuable life lesson to your children. You know what is right in your heart.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 5:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Why is your husband so hell bent on showing his kids it's ok to take advantage of other people's mistakes?

Xbox is a big company, no doubt, but there's no fine line that will show them it's ok to take advantage of big companies over the little guy. Keep the xbox WITHOUT calling them to let them know what happened and you are raising future thieves.

Tell your husband to contribute to society.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2009