Whats going on???

Last night was so crazy! My 2 weeks old baby boy wouldn't sleep at all! I fed him at 12am as always and he was sopouse to sleep till 3am, but instead he kept fussing and unwrapping his hands, moving and being unhappy about something... I tryed feeding him several times, rubing his belly (didn't seem like he was gassy) rocking him to sleep and nothing worked. he wasn't really crying thrughout the whole time, it was more on and off, but he keept turning his head and getting his hands out, he seemed really unhappy...
Im so tired and frustrated, I started to thing that i dont produce enough milk.
what else could it be?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Meh, if you find out tell me. My daughter is twelve days old and was having a little bit of constipation today. Last night was hell. I guess sometimes babies just can't sleep well : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• maybe she is going through a growth spurt. Maybe she was having tummy pains that were not related to gas, Maybe she had a headache (YES babies can get headaches too)

There are many things it could have been....unfortunately, we can't tell you, heh, but I can tell you that it will get better, just give it time! Kaylee is 7 1/2 months, and sleeps all night now (from 9pm - 8am)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You should have baby checked over, to rule out anything serious. Sound's like gas. I used to pump my son's leg's, kinda like peddleing a bike type thing, it worked! He'd seem to relieved.
    Anonymous

• sometimes my son gets a belly ache that i cant get the gas out for him so we use gripe water. its totally natural made of like teas and oils and tastes like black liquorice but it works like a charm! well, at least most of the time! we still have those crazy nights every once in a while.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• What do you mean was "supposed" to? A two week old baby doesn't follow a schedule like that, sorry. They get restless just like the rest of us. He probably just wasn't ready to go to bed!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It sounds like gas pain. try pumping his legs up to his chest and all the way out(so there straight)And when you do pump his legs leave it up to the chest for about five seconds try doing this like ten times. It worked wonders for me=)
    nitaO

Answer by nitaO at 9:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my baby had this also. Are you swaddling? if so try without it, it worked a miracle for me. she didnt like to be restricted.
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It might be gas... thats what it sounds like to me... what worked for my daughter was straightening her legs out... then bending them so her knees go towards her stomach (fetal positon) and just repeating that again and again... it calmed her down and she'd fall asleep.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 12:07 AM on Jan. 9, 2009