Taking your childs medication...

If your child were prescribed adhd medicine and you took it and it helped you. Would you tell your dr. what you had done? I know it's illegal, that's why I'm asking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Health

• Why couldn't you get your own prescription?

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I would if it was a family doctor i new and could trust. If you had symptoms and tried 1 time. I wouldn't take anymore of it because you may not be able to replace your child's and you wouldn't want them to miss a dose. Your dosing may be different, but I would feel free to discuss it with my doctor.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I went in to be diagnosed a few years ago, and they wouldn't test me, none of my kids had been diagnosed yet and they said if my kids didn't have it then it wasn't likely. I have 6 children and 4 of them have been diagnosed now. 3 ADD and 1 ADHD
    Anonymous