Hoe do I get my DH's cat to stop peeing on things?

Since we brought our son home I have found multiple things that she has peed on! She is house broken and we keep her litter box clean so there is no reason for this but she keeps peeing on things. I told DH to get rid of her because I already have enough stress taking care of a new born that I dont need my clothes peed on too. He wont do it, so what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pets

• shake her silly when you find it and put her nose in it and dont feed her when she does it and be really mean about it, idk ..... i hate cats and cat pee is sooooooooo gross!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We had a cat that did the same this was totally fine and then when baby came she pissed on everything!!! i couldnt get it stopped and ended up throwing her outside!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Is your cat fixed? I know that cats spray when they aren't fixed... I had the same problem, and everytime that I left my house even for a couple of hours my cat would pee on something new.. I was totally disgusted by it! So I brought my cat to the vet and got him neutered! Ever since then I bought this cat attract stuff that you sprinkle in a clean cat box and it makes the cat remember where their cat box is! Thats what made my cat stop! Good luck!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• we got our male cat fixed because of this. it hasn't completely stopped it, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was. he likes clean laundry for some reason so as long as we keep things put away, we don't have a problem.
    WesAndNicksMom

Answer by WesAndNicksMom at 3:40 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Female cats do spray also get her spayed it will help the problem some.Some cats do spray after getting fixed but not nearly as bad or as much of a scent.It could be motherly instincts trying to name territory of your son like it her kitten.I had a cat that would spray different areas of my house after my child was born.Getting her spayed helped .
    carebear2025

Answer by carebear2025 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I ended up giving her up she peed on DS's clothes! That was it for me!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• Man some of your answers are very cold hearted...It's a anaimal...You just don't "THROW" it outside or shake, or starve it...GEEZZZZZ she's jealous!!!!!! Fine a home for her....With some one who cares....She's wantinfg attention, when baby is asleep give kitty some extra love....GOD if you can't do that give cat away, weather hubby likes it or not, baby is more important.
    GmaPam7257

Answer by GmaPam7257 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2009

• our cat is fixed and she was and still is peeing on things, but we found some things that helped. We changed the litter that we using, and we moved the litter box to a new spot. Our vet told us that if the litter box is in a high traffic area then they will not use it.
    Threej

Answer by Threej at 7:59 PM on Jan. 10, 2009