Is there anything old fashioned about you

I always have dinner ready when my husband comes home from work, haha, it makes me think of the stereotypical 50s wife.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• In alot of ways I am, but in alot of ways we are opposite. Like the other day I was fixing my daughters dresser while hubby was folding laundry! LOL
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 5:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I love cooking for my husband.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My role is pretty much complete homemaker--I do all the household chores, organize and pay bills, set up & drive to appointments, send cards-buy gifts. My husband makes the money. We share the outside chores. I used to have dinner ready when he worked a regular day shift-then he switched to 2nd. I also can all summer & pick berries to freeze. We eat wild game. I had an unmedicated birth with my son & he was breastfed.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My hairstyle lol
    Anonymous

• im a SAHM so its kinda the whole 50's cliche thing here lol I cook,clean,kids,laundry I dont believe shivery is dead and my fiance opens the car door for me sometimes lol but believe me he in no way sits on hiss a$$ all day lol he helps me after he gets home from work...hes also believes when a couple is together the male drives lol but we break that one all the time...
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i guess i am old fashioned just in that i believe that if at all possible, a mom should stay home and be with the kids ( i do realize that there are some women out there just cannot be a truly good mom and do this) my dh and i make huge sacrifaces so i can stay home. but with all my husbands disabilities i am much like jazak in that i do a lot of the fixing things. not that dh can't, i just love doing those types of things. I do like to cook for my dh too! i get upset when he tries to "step on my toes" by doing his laundry lol. (i know some women would be ecstatic if their dh offered to do their own laundry lol...)
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Oh yeah..I still feel like a man should open the door and let his woman go first, and NEVER walk in front of her.But then again, I am Southern and thats just a "respect" thing as well.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• nothing wrong with that! its just not for me lol although im a stay home mom my hubby makes the money & my hubby understand im tired to running around raising his girls with no breaks at times he's very helpful with cleaning and he wash his own clothes now my girls are 9yrs and 12 yrs they wash they own clothes to lol when i wash i wash my 4 yr old clothes with my clothes easy go....we go out to eat if im to tired are make something quick ....sandwiches are salads etc... so the old fashion ways doesnt work for me im just on the old school music kicks thats all
    euphoriamom

Answer by euphoriamom at 5:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My music....LOL

I love music that my mom used to listen to, and the stuff I grew up listening to, I don't like a whole lot of new stuff. My husband put in an old CD of mine the other night for me....New Kids On The Block....I laughed and even remembered all of the words. I was remembering junior high. It was fun.

And I'm posting anon because I just revealed my age......LOL
    Anonymous

• Well, I do most of the cleaning and I do all the laundry(he's horible at doing the laundry anyways! lol) sometimes he'll straighten up, but his way of cleaning up is literally stuffing everything in the closet! So I am always stuck reorganizing in the closet later on. He does the cooking, though. He's better at it than me! I was raised by dad, he is actually old enough to be my grandad! Pure Alaska Native, so it's ALL about respect!...."R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me!.." lol, sorry. I've had a lot of coffee....
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 6:10 PM on Jan. 8, 2009