Could there be something wrong with my 2 1/2 year old?

He weights about 29 pounds. I have a friend whos son is not even a year and weights a couple pounds more than that.
Does anyone see anything wrong with this? How much do or did yours weight at this age? thansk girls

ReadyToRage

Asked by ReadyToRage at 5:08 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That is normal. My children are 7, 5, and 4 and all weigh about 35 lbs. If he does not look too thin, and you know he is eating and healthy I wouldn't worry about it.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 5:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my son is 2 1/2 now and he weighs 32 pounds. he is just very active and doesnt like to eat too much. my nephew is a little younger and he is probably pushing 40 pounds.
    marci2babies

Answer by marci2babies at 5:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Your son is fine. My daughter is 4 and just hit 32 pounds. My son is 2 1/2 years and is 28 pounds. Both of my guys are very tall and thin. My neighbor has an 22 month old that is 35 pounds and shorter than my son. He is very stocky. All kids are built differently. As long as your pediatrician does not have any concerns there is no reason to worry.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 5:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My grandson is the same age and 29 lbs. The dr says its normal and fine.

Answer by gemgem at 5:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My son is 2 1/2 and he weighs 27 lbs. I think it also depends on the height my son is more towards the short side. We are not very tall people LOLz.
    DianaT.

Answer by DianaT. at 5:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• that is perfectly normal
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 5:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my daughter just turned 2 in october and she only weighs 24 puonds....just depends on the kid.
    karliesmom0506

Answer by karliesmom0506 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Your son is in a totally normal weight range. My neighbor's son is 2 1/2 and he weighs 22 pounds and is normal and healthy in every way. My son just turned two and weighs 24 pounds, which is on the small side, but still 100% healthy and normal. I would only be worried if he stopped growing and had weighed 29 pounds and been the same height for many months. If you are not a member of the CafeMom group for the month and year your son was born, I would highly recommend that. I have found it very helpful to know the developmental range of 500+ other toddlers, all of whom were born in December 2006 along with my son.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 5:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My 2 year old (last November) weighs 29lbs. Your son's fine.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Thanks girls! My mother was yellin saying he is way to skinny. Now I have something to back myself up with! Haha
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 5:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009