Spreading and not sure what to do....

ok im almost 25 weeks pregnant and a couple of days ago i noticed a rash,its very dry so i put lotion on it and thought that would help and last night i took a shower and when the water hit it the rash started burning and i noticed that it had spread all the way up my leg up to both butt cheeks,not sure what to do please help.

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be a number things but when i was pregnant with my first i had the same thing happen and it ended up being shingles. So if i were you i would go get seen.
    Anonymous

• Call your doc....you might need an antihistamine. Some women get itchy skin when pregnant.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Definitely go to your doctor. Pregnancy can mess with us in so many ways - you may have simply developed an allergy to something that used to be OK before. You might have some eczema. It could be any number of things. Good get it looked at, always better to be safe -- honestly no one here can diagnose you without seeing it anyway :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Well i have a ob appt the 20th of this month,should i just bring it up then or do i need to go sooner?
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Doc for sure on this one! I turned into a giraffe when I was pregnant: I was COVERED in spots. They had something to do with the increased heat and bloodflow in my body. I had them before, but always in places that no one else could see, and always much lighter in color...but they got to be HORRIBLE when I was pregnant (I can't remember the name, sorry). There are a couple of other skin conditions that are common to get while pregnant, but a rash can also be a symptom of some nasty other things, so see your doc!

Here's hoping your's isn't what mine was! Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I say first thing, stop using your lotion and maybe check and see if you are reacting to your fabric softener. You skin can start reacting differently to things when you are pregnant, so try using less lotions and scented things and see if it helps.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Alaina -- I would call and ask the Dr's nurse. Tell her how long you've had it. How large of an area it's covering. If its warm to the touch. If there are any other symptoms (boils, puss, flakey skin).. if you have a temperature. Ask them if you should come in sooner. Of course, if its uncomfortable and *you* don't feel like you can wait that long -- then go in :) Good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009