• In the Spotlight:

Am I the only one that HATES Kids Bop ?

I think it's terrible that these artist are letting Kids Bop take thier songs!! Fall Out Boy won't give them rights since they talk about sex, drugs, and stuff that isn't right for kids to be singing about . These other artist I guess don't care that kids are going to be sing their songs. YES I know they play these songs on the radio so the kids can still hear them but making a cd out of them by kids sing them that's different .

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 5:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I totally think it's wrong! when I see the commercials on t.v. with this really young kids singing really adult songs, it just frustrates me sooo much. What is the world coming too!
    Anonymous

• Um... yeah, I feel the same way. Theres no way in hell I want my young child to sing the lyrics to most those songs. I feel its wrong in so many ways!
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 5:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• They change the lyrics to age appropriate stuff.

I personally just hate hearing them screw the song up.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Ginger0104 - SOME songs are changed some they don' t have to change them becasue the lyrics are clean but they still mean other stuff .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 5:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My girls love the kid bop cd's and they have a couple of them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I find the little voices to be horribly squeaky and the renditions to be terrible. I won't buy them at all, ever. And yes, some of the music choices are really bad - way to adult, way to sexy.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I never thought about that. my son is only 7 1/2 months old. So I havent really thought of it. But now that I do. Yes I think its wrong. Kids dont need to be singing these songs!!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 10:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i was just thinking this LOL...i see the commercial..and was like.."uh why are some of these songs for kids?" we have a kids bop one...but it is the Christmas addition. Sweet...Christmas carols LOL

mommieof4girlz

Answer by mommieof4girlz at 11:58 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• it's not a censorship issue for me, I'm just trying to raise my kid with better taste in music (Beatles, Billie Holiday, They Might be Giants, Mozart) than modern pop music crap.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2009