would this upset you?

would you be ok with your DH/SO texting with his female, same-age [im 5 years older than him], supervisor? it never has anything to do with work... it has been about hunting and stress, ect. i wasnt ok with it but it just made him mad when i would get upset about it. what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell him to stop talking to her or there is going to be more stress in his life. He shouldn't be getting mad at you for you not wanting him to talk to another chick. Don't take it! If he loves you and cares about your feelings then he'll stop.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't talk to someone if it disrupted my husbands piece of mind. So I'd expect the same in return.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• That's disrespectful. You need to tell him your expectations and set bounderies if you are not married now is the time to know if he is for you. Its called appearance of evil.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It depends on who she is. I mean do you think she is a threat to you? Does she have the potential to catch your husbands interest? I would definately get upset about the situation, and her being his supervisor is no excuse. It's fine to have a good relationship with your supervisor but it is important to keep it strictly business. I mean it doesn't sound like they are doing anything bad but it is best to put an end to it before it becomes something more and starts affecting your relationship.
    Anonymous

• If it has nothing to do with work it is an unhealthy work relationship. She is his supervisor not his friend. I have been a manager many years. The number one way to lose employees, destroy morale, and cause gossip is to persue a friendship with someone who works for you. It sucks but it is the adult world.
    As for your husband..personally, I think it smells a little fishy. If nothing is going on...it is a matter of "yet".
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Nothing. He's allowed to have friends.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree with grneyedgrandma.
    Anonymous

• What do you want him to do? Piss off his boss? The only way he could get out of that would be to tell her that to save costs you've eliminated the text msg'ing feature from the phones and cut down the plan as well so he can't spend much time talking on it but in a strange way I understand him getting upset with you because it prolly feels like you don't trust him. I don't know what I'd do really but I'd hate for him to have a bad relationship with her because you're jealous and mess up his chances for promotions, or cost him his job. Think before you push it too hard.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• No, I wouldn't. People have friends. I have several guy friends I text with and there's nothing happening there. If the texts aren't laced with innuendo's or leading where they shouldn't I wouldn't stress out about it.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009