dh/so falling asleep while watching the kids

what would you do if you found your dh/so sleeping while he was watching the kids? what would you do if it wasn't the first time you'd caught him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• clear my throat real loudly and obnoxiously!  If the kids he was supposed to be watching were small like they put small things in their mouths I would give him HELL!!

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 5:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• the kids are 2 and 4.
    Anonymous

• My BIL was watching Kaylee (at the time 6 months) while my SO and I went out for dinner. When we came back, he was asleep on the couch, and she was playing on the floor. I was pissed, I took Kaylee and set her on him, and he woke up, looked at me, and said that he swore he had not been asleep for that long. I said I did not give a shit, it only takes 2 seconds for her to eat something that she shouldn't, and that if he could not stay awake for an hour to watch her, then he would not be watching her anymore.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My so does that all the time or he will put my dd in her crib so she want get into anything and then he wonders why I never let her stay home with him we have actually got in some really big fights over this.
    Anonymous

• My dh has only fallen asleep once. He admitted it and felt horrible about it. He knew I would have busted his ass if I had caught him though.

Answer by gemgem at 5:41 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• OMG...me and my DH almost got divorced over this when I was pregnant with our second child. It still gives me chills to think about it. I went to the store to buy groceries and he was supposed to watch our 2 1/2 year old. He didn't. My son got OUTSIDE of the house and I even found a toy of his on the other side of the road. I screamed and freaked out, hyperventilated and slapped him in the face. It was bad. My son wasn't hurt, but I never left him there again with my DH. I didn't trust him not to fall asleep.
    Anonymous

• My kids' dad does this all the time. And I mean DEAD asleep! I've left him to watch the kids while I did the grocery shopping and come home to find him passed out on the couch, snoring, while the kids run amok. They have ogtten into the food in the kitchen and made a mess, broken things, are playing with things they shouldn't be and the baby was playing in the litter box. When I wake him up and starting yelling, he starts B***ing about the kids, saying it's not his fault, it's theirs, he put a DVD in and he told them to watch it and they didn't, so THEIR fault, not his. The kids are 4 and 1 1/2. WTH? ANd yes, this has happened more than once...
    Anonymous

• (shrug). What's the big deal? Parents have to sleep. It's not like you take shifts and make sure someone's awake at all times.

When my daughter was a toddler I'd put on a movie for her and take a nap on purpose.

So long as the door is locked and the kids are safe, I don't think it's a big deal at all.
    devante9901

Answer by devante9901 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• if the kids are in the middle of napping - nap then. Otherwise, yea, I'd have issues with children that young being left to their own devices,, Things can turn really ugly really quick.

For what it's worth? My daughter is 8 now, and she just plops in my bed next to me (or dad, whoever is home with her) and watches movies while we nap. She's old enough now not to eat the liquid drain cleaner or roach traps. or set fires..
    archaeodani

Answer by archaeodani at 6:03 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• since i posted the question here is my issue. my husband has been caught napping while he's supposed to be watching our 2 and 4 yr old. his excuse is "it's not my fault, I couldn't help it" WTF
    How is it I can make myself stay awake when I'm dead tired, but he can't. I will never understand why men dont have the same "do what has to be done" attitude that us mothers have.
    Anonymous