• In the Spotlight:

my dogs (might be kinda stupid)

im 33 weeks and 4 days pregnant

so when i am home my dogs go where ever i go

it gets annoying cuz i will go to use the bath room and they will sit at the door and cry

then at night they sleep right next to me and when i get up to get a drink or something they flip out

they never did this till i hit about 30 weeks

i was wondering if they can really sence (sp?) that i am pregnant
and if so is it a bad thing that they are going where i go
(they never did this to my sister when she was pregnant)

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I guess they can smell hormones..hell apparently some dogs can smell cancer. When a clicked on this question I thought it said My dogs might be kinda stupid.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Dogs have an amazing sense of awareness. People that have seizures have trained dogs that *know* the seizure is coming before the people do. It's very possible they know something is up. They could also be tuned to your emotions, if you're more upset or uneasy they could just be worried for you. Either way, its not impossible!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It sounds like they just love you! There's no way to know for sure why they're doing what they're doing. Unless they're going places they shouldn't, it's not bad for them to be following you everywhere...just annoying. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My dogs did the same things. If I even got up fast my little boy dog would start crying and then he would stand gaurd making sure I was ok. LOL if something in the house made a noise he would jump on me and bark then he would investigate, I guess he was telling me stay there. He is so good with our baby she is now 10 months he's constantly making sure she's ok. LOL he's a (chiuahua sorry about the spelling)
    Anonymous

• Dogs seem to have a thing for hanging out with me when I'm not pregnant and I hate it when anything tags along on my heels because it feels like my movement is stifled in a way. I don't want to be rammed into just because I stop or have to dodge something in front of me and I definitely do not need to have my every movement monitored.
    I am doubtless that dogs do know before people do when a woman is pregnant. Even if some don't understand what's happening, canines (and felines) are just naturally more sensitive to changes in hormones and behavior than humans.
    redlily08

Answer by redlily08 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• my mothers cats did that for almost 2 weeks straight right before i had my daughter and when my water broke the one cat had this need too try too clean me up it was nasty and annoying but they have this sense too help you i guess
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 9:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2009