• In the Spotlight:

Were you able to cook dinner and go about your normal chores

after the baby came and even though you breast fed? How long did it take to adjust?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep I had to. It took about a week or two to get back in the habits. I always cooked one or two weeks of food and stuck them in the freezer so when I came home I didnt have to cook.

Answer by gemgem at 5:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yes I did, and with another little one at my feet. I remember fixing dinner while feeding the baby. LOL! You'll work out a schedule and move right into it as if it were the most natural thing in the world. :)

Answer by Bmat at 5:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• You have to especilly when you have other children that need fed and things like that!! although im always just a little behind!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'm very lucky, my husband was home with me for 3mos. My DD had 2 moms for a while.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:37 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I think I could have...but I didn't since I didn't have to!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I did'nt breastfeed but i know what it's like in a way, i have 5 children all very young, all under 5 and i still manage luckily, the oldest 2 like helping, the youngest 2 like messing it up and the youngest of all is happy with a dummy.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 5:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Had no choice, noone else was going to LOL.
    I avoided chores that caused a lot of belly movement as I had c/sections but otherwise....I cooked, tended to the babies and after a couple weeks resumed pretty much everything else. If I was tired, I stopped...I never pushed.

When it came to breastfeeding we had issues but I just did it and if my older kiddos needed something they waited or I used one hand to help them LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Yep.
    How? You learn to multi-task.. You also learn to prepare bigger meals for leftovers.. You also learn to do things in small doses - chop veggies between cat naps, and don't be afraid of some fussing.. (Although crying is a whole other matter, which should be tended to within minutes).. You also learn to ask for help, and head over to your mom's once or twice a week, or get your DH to get off his lazy butt and pick up some slack.
    No, your house won't be as clean as it could be. You'll never get the whole place clean in one day. But it's pretty easy to continue living after having a baby. You'll find your groove within about 6 weeks.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 7:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Not yet : /

I'm not breastfeeding, but I'm still working out how to continue on with my life even though I have a newborn to take care of. Just using the bathroom is a chore nowadays.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009