Have not felt baby move much today

I'm 34 weeks and I haven't felt my little guy move much today, maybe twice today. I called the doctor and she want me to go to the hospital. All I wanted was to go to my doc's office to hear the heart beat and be on my way. I 'm sure everything is okay... I'm going to go to the hospital anyway but what do you think?

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 5:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have you tried drinking orange juice and lying on your left side? Or it could be that the baby is running out of room or in a different position movements may feel less obvious.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 5:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• there isnt that much room anymore so your baby is probably snug and comfy and doesnt feel like moving much today. this does happen and if you feel concerned go see whats up. trying frinking juice that always made my lil one move. let us know how the ER goes.
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 5:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'm sure everything is fine. I had this done a time or two while I was pregnant as well. Everything was fine, and I actually felt MUCH better when I left! Totally worth it!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Go in, its better to be safe then sorry. In the future - keep in mind as you get further along babies develop a waking and sleeping pattern. Try to keep track around what time of the day he/she is active and look for regular activity during those times. That's normal. During their active time you should easily feel 8-10 movements in 2 hours.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:32 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Ran out of orange juice. Do you think lemonade would do?
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 5:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I'm going to give the juice thing a try... and after that I'm going to head to the hospital for piece of mind... Thanks for the support... I will give you the up date when I get back :)
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 5:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Anything sugary is usually okay. Its the natural sugar in the OJ that gets the kids hyper. Apple juice would do the same thing... If your lemon aid is Crystal Light (ie sugar free) it won't.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:40 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was told to put a (deep) pot over your stomach and knock with a spoon or anything and then u should prob. feel some movements....I have tried it and it worked.

Good Luck,
    perri1

Answer by perri1 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 8, 2009