Do you think it builds more character being poor than being rich or vis versa?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont think it matters. What matters is the values and morals you grow up with. I was raised with alot of money but my parents never gave me anything free. I had to work for it or earn it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• oh yes for sure being poor builds more character. I believe this because you have to work for everything you have and want and when your rich many things are just handed out and you have no worries.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Rich people do not get things handed to them, i would class myself in that catergory and me and my husband have worked and paid our way through everything, yes i am a SAHM so there is only one source of income but my husband brings home more than we need a month to pay the bills, clothes and food shopping, activities etc. So we had to work for ours.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 5:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• People with money dont get things handed to them. Only someone completely unfamiliar with people with money would say that. How ridiculous. How do you think people with money GOT money>? By sitting around and wishing for it?
    Anonymous

• I don't think it matters. Character is internal and it's not based on income. It's based on the attitude the person has when it comes to life and how they see it. You could be rich with a great attitude and outlook on life, and poor with a crappy outlook on life. Vice versa

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• What Sylvia said!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i agree with sylvia. i am not 'poor'. some people think i am 'rich'. i am neither. i am secure in myself, i take nothing for granted. my husband and i worked our behinds off to get where we are, and my children will be taught to work for what they have. they will have nothing handed to them. i grew up 'poor' and i will make sure my kids know to appreciate all that they have.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• the rich do not just get things handed to them...for the majority. Do you understand that a lot of the CEO, Dr's, atty, Corp execs , (just to name a few small few)...those guys/gals have gone to years of schooling... I know not all as some have been lucky enough to be handed down money via inheritance however that is not the majority.

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:14 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree that character and morals can come from any background but come on, gals, people with more money have it easier if only because they don't have the stress of wondering how each month is going to end financially. It has been hard to watch our dentist friend's family grow up while their college kid buys a house while he is a sophomore and we struggle just to pay for our kid's college. How did he get the money for the down payment??? Not from working at McDonald's.
    Anonymous

• Everyone can get into a college if they want to bad enough. There are MANY scholarships out there.
    They only have it easier because many have worked harder.
    Anonymous