During your first baby what was the hardest thing for you to handle?

Having a new baby is hard especially for first time mothers. I can handle the no sleep and the midnight feedings and not being able to spend alot of time with my husband but the one thing that I cant handle is not being able to shower every day! I feel like I smell like sour milk, sweat and pee. I know its not that bad but I still feel so gross!!!

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Loli was able to do all of that luckily, my husband helped a lot since he had 2 weeks of work for spending the time at home with me and our baby boy Dylan. I just don't like the part were you can't clean your house or you leave everything until last minute becauseyou have to get the baby sorted to. But i love being a mother and wouldn't change it for the world.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 5:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• For me it was sleep. In the beginning I was constantly breastfeeding and recovering from C. Even though my husband was home with me he couldn't feed her.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Mine was the puking. At first it was alright, but after she was around a month old she started vomiting her whole feedings, and instead of using those cute little burp cloths I had to use recieving blankets in order to catch her vomit! Ohhh just thinking about all of that puke... ewww... lol* I hope this one isn't as bad !!! HAHAHA
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Why can't you shower? I can take a quick shower in about 5 minutes. Or if you have a medical problem, perhaps a quick sponge bath? It is a shame for you to feel like this. It should be a busy but joyous time for you. A quick shower and fresh clothing would be nice for morale.

Answer by Bmat at 5:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It was just playing the wife/mother role I went from partying like crazy to being a mom and it was hard for me!! but now i have 3 little ones 4 anyday now and wouldnt trade them for anything in the world!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Mine would be being dead tired because my baby had to get up 3 times a night for a feeding.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• The lack of sleep was really hard for me. I never really had a chance to recover from my c-section properly. It took me about 6 weeks to fully recover. And she still is so needy at 6 months, that I haven't showered or even eaten today. I put her down to make a sandwich and she started screaming. I rather starve than listen to the crying. The crying drives me crazy. Her father says to just let her cry, but I can't handle it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My hardest thing was trying to get used to nursing and getting him to latch on. And in the first couple weeks I had him(when he was out of NICU) was the getting up multiple times in the night. I wan't getting him to latch on for the loooongest time! So what I was doing was very difficult(and kinda dumb, now that I think about it!) was pump the milk before and after feedings. So he was getting most of his food from a bottle. I now, know never to do THAT again! I would be standing at the sink rinsing out the bottle and nipple and my body and mind would be so exhausted, my body was, quite literally, fighting sleep. It would have this MAJOR twitch to try and snap me out of falling asleep right at the sink! CRAZY! That was by far, the weirdest feeling I ever had!
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 5:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I cant shower cause my DH is working 60 hours a week and if my DS cant see me he freaks. 5 minute shower no I cant get my hair clean in 5 min let alone a whole shower! Geeze your lucky. SO when I do get a shower I literally take DS into the shower with me and put him in the baby tub. Which he doesnt mind he like showering better than being in the baby tub.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I know how you feel! I was 19 and I didn't want to shower without someone else being there. I was terrified he'd be crying and upset and I wouldn't hear him. The hardest thing to me was not being able to sleep. DH worked nights, so I had to do it alone basically. He slept in the day, too. I had PPD but didn't know until I was older what it actually was, so I cried all night trying to get him to sleep.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2009