Is it over when

two people can't agree on anything essential to the relationship? Is it possible for things to get better when one person in the marriage feels like the other will never be totally theirs? Meaning they will never let go of the past to hold onto a future with their spouse. At what point do you decide that you are tired of being angry and sad all of the time? What do you do when you realize that the person you are married to didn't really "intend" to be your spouse? Meaning one knows what the other needs but will not give it because they don't feel that is 'really' what they need. Just some thoughts...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Its over when you can walk away and feel good about it!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• WOW... That was truth if I've heard it... Thanks
    Anonymous

• I don't think it has to be over. I read a book once called something like Staying Married for a Lifetime...that said basically, outside abuse, every single marriage could survive...even if only one person was initially willing to work on it. I'm not sure how accurate that could be, but it was reassuring to read that just because one spouse wasn't doing their part didn't mean that they never would.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009