1cm dilated and thinned cervix ! anyone know what this means?

so i went to the doctors yesterday and my doctor told me im 1cm dilated and i have a thin cervix . im 39 weeks pregnant. does that mean she can come at anytime ? my due date is november 30th.

also my mucus plug came out last night (after my doctors appointment) so what does that mean ? can i be more dilated now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it just means your body is preparing itself, but don't get excited until you start having regular contractions. you can be dilated for weeks.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2011

• you could be dialated/ing for a couple days or another week or more. she'll come when she's ready. good luck!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2011

• With my oldest, I was dilated to a 4 for three weeks before she decided to make her appearance. So, I agree with tnm.....you're getting there, but dont jump in the car just yet. It could still be a while.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 1:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2011

• It means that your body is beginning to get ready to give birth to your baby. As others have said, it could be a while, but the process has begun!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2011

• I've been 1 cm since 31 weeks. I am now 35 1/2 weeks and I am 3 CM. At 39 weeks, your baby could come anytime.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2011

• I am 28 weeks- 2 cm dialated and 25% effaced. Every body is different and you can be dialated, etc for a long time before baby comes. At 39 weeks your baby could come at any time!! Good luck on your impending arrival:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 3:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2011

• It just means that your body is getting ready for labor. It could be hours, days, or weeks. No one knows for sure when you will go into labor.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2011

• She can come anytime~ regardless of the cervix checking information...

Getting it checked is not usable info and adds unnecessary risks.
    You might consider whether you really want to do them or not.
    Especially since the info might confuse you into thinking it is relevant.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2011