Are there any military moms on here? If so, is it hard being married to a military man??

A.Will

Asked by A.Will at 8:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• Try searching in groups. I bet there are groups for Military moms. You'll definitely find support in a group like that. I can't imagine what you must go through and I respect you and your husband very much for doing it, thank you!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I am!There are a lot of groups in here that can give you lots of support
    mamma79

Answer by mamma79 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I am a military mom
    StevensTiffany

Answer by StevensTiffany at 8:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i'm a military mom and wife. and it all just depends on the branch of service the dh is in. mine's in the coast gaurd and land based for atleast the next 2yrs. so i have it easy. i don't have 2 worry about deployments or him going out on patrol. thought there r some nites when he doesn't come home till the weeeee hours of the am bc he had 2 stay at work. but i'll take what i can get. and yes, it can b difficult.
    ireshgurl

Answer by ireshgurl at 10:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It's not any harder being married to a military man than a non-military man. It just depends on the MAN. My husband works long hours & has been deployed, but he is a good husband and a good father.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I'm engaged and pregnant by a military man.I find it very hard,but I guess it depends on the circumstances.
    s_newton86

Answer by s_newton86 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Yes it is especially when they are deployed,but even without that it seems hard for the military wants families to put the military first.Seems to be a constant compromise between family and military first.Gets to seem like a never ending sacrifice between the both,i support my husband and what he does for our family and country,but yes it is def hard and in the end def worth it!!
    Kimaly

Answer by Kimaly at 11:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2008

• I ama military mom and married to a wonderful Navy SEAL...my brother with whom I am very close to is also a SEAL... it can be very hard at times, but like the other women have said, it depends on your circumstances. My husband is usually gone for 2-6 weeks at a time, so when I think about other husbands being away for 18+ months...I like to think that I have it easy...
    Blaire23

Answer by Blaire23 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2009

• I am a militay mom and married to a marine. My husband is a recruiter and it sucks!!! Him being a recruiter it is very hard to have quality family time he is never home for a full day. But when he was stationed in NC he was home a lot and we spent lots of time together. So I guess it depends on what his job is.
    krystalmcc

Answer by krystalmcc at 7:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• In one word YES!!!! It is changelling to be married to a military man . i KNOW FIRST HAND AND HOW IT IS . My husband goes away alot> How do I survive I shop shop shop retail threapy is wonderful>
    Headalettuce36

Answer by Headalettuce36 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009