Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you handle this?

So if you found out that your 12 daughter is sexually active and wants a baby what would you do? My aunt is going through this and wants me to talk to her daughter since i am younger. I am 21 with a one year old but i am married. I dont think i can help...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (15)
  • Well I would take her to the ob/gyn and get her pu ton the shot asap. You cant really do anything about it other then keep her home, talk to her, and get her on contraceptives.

    Answer by gemgem at 5:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • I would fill my one year old up with sugar and give her to the 14 yo for a day!!!

    Answer by Jazak at 5:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • I have three boys she can watch for a day to change her mind! Two of them were conceived on different forms of birth control, too!

    Maybe your aunt would have her spend some time with you...a weekend maybe. Have the girl see what it's like to care for a youngster long term? (make sure your toddler is having a BAD weekend LOL) Maybe the weekend you're going to take away the bottle, pacifier or something!

    Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • Get her the depo shot and take her to counseling and give her a hyper 2 year old

    Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • im willing to part with my boys so she can learn what its like to have kids..or you can show her some episodes of "the baby borrowers" it was on fox for a short while..look it up on youtube it might be there...good luck

    Answer by connorsmom22607 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • First I would put her on a very strict way of life. If it were my daughter I would be knowing were she was and what she was doing at all times. Take her to school, pick her up, etc. I would talk to her until I was blue in the face about morals, pregnancy, stds, etc. I would have her start taking care of a baby...maybe have her get a babysitting job wher her mom is present to avoid something bad happening, but where she is in control and learns what it is like to have a child...she needs a lot of guidance, a lot of limits, a lot of parenting, and a good dose of taking care of a baby.

    Answer by Lsmom at 9:53 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • make her babysit an infant under three mths old, and have to get up in the middle of the night to feed the baby and everything else
    she should be cured of wanting a baby after on day, but it may take as long as a week (make sure the baby is a relitive if possible)
    as for the sexually active part, get a medical dictionary and show her the most graphic pictures you can find of what some STD's can to do you

    Answer by bi-polarmommy at 10:12 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • I would give her my 1 year old daughter for 24 hours supervised of course and let her see how it is to be a mother.
    I'm sure she will change her mind after that.

    Answer by MrsTGray at 10:13 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • if she is a normal 12 yr old girl then making her life strickt will make her want to do it more. So personaly I would show her a vid of a horible looking delivery and then show her them nasty pictures of private parts with STD's then I'd get her on some type of contraseptive.

    Answer by russian-mommy at 10:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • Your aunt might see you as an adult that her daughter can talk to who isn't a parent. I had some differences with my mom while I was a teenager and we had a neighbor lady whose kids I babysat for that I ended up confiding in a lot. It was nice to have someone to talk to who wasn't my mom but was an adult that I could trust.

    Answer by bethany169 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.