• In the Spotlight:

Am I wrong

for moving my family from one place of worship to another if I feel that our family will not grow properly in that setting? SO doesn't want to go but staying is tearing us apart. I know what the bible says about family and marriage (what God has joined together let no man/woman tear asunder; etc.) but what does it say about a church that is causing such strife between the two? When a ministry is making enemies between husband and wife.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Jan. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I dont think you are wrong. If you dont like the church and its causing problems then it defeats the purpose in going doesnt it?

Answer by gemgem at 5:47 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• It may be a sign that you need to change churches if the church is causing problems in the marriage. You can try visiting another church without making a committment to join until you are sure it is the right place

Answer by Bmat at 5:56 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Sounds to me that your church is the "man" trying to put assunder... change churches. Church should be for worship, fellowship and spiritual growth. If it is not providing these things it is not performing its' duties to the "flock". JMO
    Anonymous

• commit to finding a church that is right for the entire family. One that you all can love and agree on.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 6:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Its not about the building, its about what you are learning and how you are growing in your relationship with God/Jesus(whomever you are worshiping).

So....change if needbe. Shouldnt feel bad for doing what you feel is best for your marriage and family.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:42 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Get to steppin'. No time to play church.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 6:55 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• if you both can find a church that both up lifts you then he shouldn't care then. you just need to make sure that you do that. good luck. i really love our church and so does my husband.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I agree with the previous posters. I had a similar problem. My family went to 3 different churches in a 2 year period, none feeling right to me (my husband didn't really care, he's an atheist). I felt awful moving the kids from one church to another but I could not continue to attend a church that was teaching loose morals or no Bible. Finally resulting in me going back to my church (which caused trouble with me and the hubby, but we have since talked that out). If you are not comfortable in a church, you should look into other churches. A church does not do it's job if you do not have fellowship, community and a feeling of extended family. Good luck, God Bless!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:11 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• LOL.. I think you answered your own question..Why would you want to stay in a place that is ruining your life and family?
    Anonymous

• No I don't think you are wrong either. I left the church I grew up in my whole life because it was not a place I saw my family growing stronger in. That was over 2 years ago and it was such a hard decision. One that I still to this day wish didn't have to be made. But of the good things to have come besides the obvious is that my sister is getting married in 30 days to the youth and community pastor at our new church. I still take the kids to a tuesday evening program at the old church but do not doubt our decision to change.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 8, 2009